We're launching international SIM delivery

Started by: carlottasanfront
On: 28/11/2016 | 16:56
Replies: 189

by: carlottasanfront
handy giff-staffer

on: 28/11/2016 | 16:56

Hello there lovely giffgaffers,

I’m extremely excited to announce that the wait is over after quite some time since this idea was shared in Labs. That’s right, we’re finally going to start delivering giffgaff SIMs to new joiners abroad who plan to come to the UK either to work or study or even just for a casual visit.

Soon it’ll be time to learn how to say hello in over 100 different languages since we’ll be welcoming a whole bunch of international giffgaffers. Joining giffgaff will become much easier for our international giffgaffers. The steps are simple: just click on “order your free SIM’ on the home page, select the goodybag of your choice and fill in the order form with the international delivery details. Done.

The delivery time will vary depending on the country of shipping, so anywhere between 3 to 5 working days within Europe and from 5 working days for the rest of the world.

The moment new joiners set foot in the UK, they will be able to activate their SIM simply by visiting giffgaff.com/activate. But they can easily get set up before taking off and activating from abroad - there’s just one thing to remember, when activating from abroad roaming charges may occur.

We’ve got more good news for you. Because we aim to make life easier, all international joiners will be offered the option of activating their giffgaff SIM, topping-up and auto-recurring their goodybag using an international credit card.

This idea was originally posted by william_li and brought back to life by gsklb04. Massive thank you to both these members for thinking outside the box as well as all the voters for backing the idea and helping it evolve quite literally around the world.

Get ready to enjoy welcoming new members from all over the globe.

Carlotta

Message 1 of 190
by: kevincunno
on: 28/11/2016 | 17:21

Hi @carlottasanfront this is absolutely great news that this idea is finally been implemented it is absolutely awesome 

Get a free giffgaff Simdon't judge my path if you haven't walk my journey kevin
Message 2 of 190
by: ray2
on: 28/11/2016 | 17:57

I can see this being handy for people who are coming to work in the uk or study but for the casual visitor who may only buy 1 goodybag whilst here for a couple of weeks,im not seeing the benefit. 

Im sure part of the reason giffgaff changed the super recruiter programme was because the casual visitor ended up costing money rather than making any??

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 190
by: premierphotosuk
on: 28/11/2016 | 18:06

@carlottasanfront Good news, hopefully many will take advantage of this when they plan to come to the uk and make the most from this, also a big well done for @gsklb04 for his persistence and  william_li, for coming up with the original idea.Smiley Wink

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 4 of 190
by: davidevans0000
on: 28/11/2016 | 18:46
thanks for the update.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 190
Highlighted
by: catmad2015
on: 28/11/2016 | 18:57

Grate to see something is happening wit giffgaff service provided wit new type of sim card. ..

Message 6 of 190
by: woodyuk
on: 28/11/2016 | 19:40

@ray2i think you're overlooking that in the interests of "simplicity" a couple of recent changes have been that giffgaff now automatically store your card details without asking if you want them to or not and the default setting for goodybags for new users activating a giffgaff sim is "recurring".

So,unless a foreign visitor who may not have english as their first language realises that giffgaff have stored their card details (doubtfull as a lot of UK members don't even realise it) and that they've signed up for recurring goodybags (again doubtfull)then the chances are they're going to get clobbered for at least a second goodybag anyway even though they may have returned home by the time they get charged for it and will then have to work out how to cancel the recurring goodybags and remove their card details.

So,not great news for them by any means but for giffgaff it's .......luvvly jubbly!

Message 7 of 190
by: traelkom
on: 28/11/2016 | 19:40
good news.
when is this going to happened?
Message 8 of 190
by: discoandrew
on: 28/11/2016 | 19:42
Hi there

Thanks very much for the update. This is a great idea and pleased it is about to be put into action. I often see postings in Help and Support where people are asking SIM cards to be sent overseas. Thankfully, some really kind members go out the their way to post these abroad. I am really glad the whole process is about to become a lot simpler. Hey, nice one!

discoandrew is inviting you to join Giffgaff and take advantage of their great value SIM Only Deals.

Order a free Giffgaff SIM through My Referral Link (click or tap here) and you'll also receive £ 5.00 FREE WELCOME CREDIT within 24 hours of SIM card activation. Thank you.

Message 9 of 190
by: ray2
on: 28/11/2016 | 20:01

woodyuk wrote:

@ray2i think you're overlooking that in the interests of "simplicity" a couple of recent changes have been that giffgaff now automatically store your card details without asking if you want them to or not and the default setting for goodybags for new users activating a giffgaff sim is "recurring".

So,unless a foreign visitor who may not have english as their first language realises that giffgaff have stored their card details (doubtfull as a lot of UK members don't even realise it) and that they've signed up for recurring goodybags (again doubtfull)then the chances are they're going to get clobbered for at least a second goodybag anyway even though they may have returned home by the time they get charged for it and will then have to work out how to cancel the recurring goodybags and remove their card details.

So,not great news for them by any means but for giffgaff it's .......luvvly jubbly!

@woodyuk

And there's me thinking that because it was so simple members couldn't possibly be confused with any part of that process Smiley Tongue

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 190